Pilihan jawaban lebih dari yang dibutuhkan.
A. I feel most strongly that B. therefore C. Further to my call today
D. As 1 told you E. Fortunately F. In spite of
G. However H. And 1. Nevertheless J. Moreover
I have now had a chance to discuss the details of our recent conversation with my other
directors. (12) ‘f’_____ then, the general opinion here is that the terms for the
loan extension are far too stiff, particularly as we have had an excellent loan record in
(13) P______ we have been able to make alternative arrangements on more acceptable terms, and we will, (14) ___V_____, not be proceeding with our loan application to you.
(15) ____\\ –____ your board could have been more flexible on the matter. As we are expanding rapidly and all the signs are that this new venture will be a great success we would have preferred to have continued our long relationship with you. (16) _____(2____, I am sure you understand our point of view.
(17) fe______ I’m enclosing the letter written recently by my director. As I
pointed out he suggests March 14th, which is nearly six weeks away. (18)
____£_____ the tone of the letter he doesn’t seem to be in that much of a hurry.
(19) k ,______, could you ring me next week when you’ve had time to think things over? I’d like your suggestions about what tactics we should use, (20) ___ft_____ what we’re going to do in the meantime.
21. After receiving so many complaints from the users, we strongly _______ you
withdraw the product already sold.
A. persuade B, admit C. recommend D. encourage
22. New regulations haven been issued, so we ________ accept that there will
have to be changes.
A. deeply B. readily C. freely D. utterly
23. ________ the reasons for this, the underlying trend is obvious.
A. Whatever B. As C. Whichever D. However
24. Henry Ford said, “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is
_______; working together is success.”
A. process B. promise C. prospect D. progress
25. In merits system, the government really need to ________ staff according to
A. collaborate B. remunerate C. exploit D. dispatch
26. Before turning east and going out to sea, the storm left a path of _________
across the region.
A. weather B. high wind C. destruction D. insecurity
27. “From now onward, I hope that more attention will be paid to our customers’ needs and less time will be spent on your own personal affairs.” The purpose of this statement is to _______.
A. Apologize B. Praise C. Inform D. Criticize
28. “The new city park is a good recreation place for the city dwellers, but it has failed due to poor planning. Lots of parking and poor cleanliness has made the place that is noisy and dirty for people to relax and jogging.”
The purpose of the text is to …………………..
A. Persuade B. Praise C. Criticize D. Inform
29. “We apologize for the delay, but the severe weather patterns in the area have grounded all planes.”
The purpose of the statement is to ………………………..
A. Apologize B. Praise C. Criticize D. Amuse